Nowadays every one wants to be a YouTuber but trust me its not that easy . Most of the young people are influenced by existing YouTubers and vloggers but there comes the problem. Most vloggers out there show forced positivity.
What that means is they showcase whatever positive and happening things they experience but not the negetives . The lifestyle they showcase makes us want that and hence we also want to be YouTubers.
But if you dig deep you will discover their roots. Mostly all famous youtubers have struggled a lot when they started apart from a few who received shoutouts and mentions.
So firstly sacrifice your dream of being a YouTuber if you want to be just for the Money and Fame . You wont last long…
Now to be a YouTuber here is what you need to do :
- Start General : Test out a lot of things. Upload a variety of contents of different topics of your interest and in various categories like TechVlog, Lifestyle,Review Video etc.Most of us go niche at first i.e. we tend to stick to a specific type of content. But I have seen a lot of guys who test a lot of things in the beginning and carry on with whatever works for them.By testing a lot of things I don’t mean that you have to shift from your category of interest , suppose you want to be at a Tech youtuber , in that case you can try out different things related to Tech in different categories.
- Be Consistent : Upload videos regularly. Dont quit if you dont get views. People get frustrated easily at the beginning because views dont come easily but you should not do that .
- Be Creative : You must have heard the phrase “Content is the King”. It may sound cliched but its 100% working. You have to think out new angles and ways to pitch your content. Dont plagiarise . Dont do what others are doing , instead invent new ways to showcase your talent.
- Catch the Trend : This is where you can beat Big Channels. Yes you read it right. If you are alert and upload videos on new trends regularly and fast, you can grow fast.Let me share my experience here , back in Dec 2016 a new app was launched which was pretty huge but not that user friendly. What I did was I uploaded a video tutorial of that app on that same day staying up on night. Guess what? It worked, the video went somewhat viral and my channel spiked on New Year’s Eve .You might lose the views game in the long run with the big youtubers but for a day or two you will for sure get some organic traffic.
Now you might be already knowing these points so let me get a bit deep.
Here is what you need to do ,after you start getting some views , in order to grow your channel :
- Be Short : Upload short videos , max 15 to 20 mins , dont go beyond that. Most people tend to go in detail, they make long tutorials and explainers and in most cases the videos gain a very less watch time. Majority of traffic on youtube wants quick knowledge. They want to know the basics . So upload short and to the point. If you want to be detailed either launch a Course on Udemy , Teachable or Youtube even (but in a different channel) and link that in your existing video description. Btw.. here I just gave a new revenue option, you can drive traffic from youtube to your detailed course and earn some extra bucks. A lot of them does this too.
- Be Legit : Never cheat your subscribers. Never upload anything misleading . You might get a lot of views by uploading trendy and misleading content , but in the long run you will never gain a trustworthy audience . Heck even you might get suspended. So always be ethical.
- Do Clickbait : I know this point might contradict the previous one but trust me it does not . You have to use click bait thumbnails ones in a while to get views and also some new traffic on your channel. By this I dont mean you have to upload totally misleading thumbnails , rather you have to be creative. Make the title and thumbnail in a way that is provocative and is also related to your actual content. That way you remain ethical . Here is an example: You must have seen people uploading videos on how to earn money from various sources and in the thumbnail they put fire emojis and images of cash . Well thats basically a clickbait.
- Be Socially Active : Create social media handles before hand and stick close to your channel name.This way people can find you easily. Ask people to message you on social media. That way you can personally guide them and also gain some social media followers. Remember that you should never stick to one platform cause God forbid if thats gone your all hard work is lost.
- Engage on Youtube: Apart from interacting on your social media profiles, you should always be active in the comments section of your videos. Engage with your audience by replying to their queries. It both increases channel engagement and also helps build a good relationship with your audience .Reply to each and every one of them even if its just a Hi! You must have seen youtubers pin their own comment on top. Well thats basically so that his or her viewers get inspired to comment by replying to that thread and hence giving that video more engagement.
- Prepare to feel like in Hell : Once channel starts to grow , haters will soon arrive. They will try to demotivate you and bring down your self esteem but you must keep on going. Always appreciate constructive criticism and ignore the haters.
- Moderate your thread : Always make sure that your comment section is moderated by filtering out spammy comments. Make sure that you black list all the vulgar words in the comment section. Its your duty to keep your channel and hence the community clean. Recently in an update YouTube has taken this issue seriously and has strictly advised creators to moderate their comment section.
- Be Complacent : Let’s say you have started getting a lot of views , you have started monetizing your content and you have started earning money . But one thing you must always remember is that you have to keep yourself grounded . Neverthink that you are on the top of the world and you have achieved something extra that no one has ever done before. Always remember that there is someone better than you so you have to be your own competition. Give your best and always better than your previous content.
Apart from this there are a lot more points which you may have to follow like SEO , tags and such which may help you to grow further. But these are the most basics that you have to follow if you look forward to become an established YouTuber some day and add some value to the world.
Remember that money you earn from youtube is just a by product of the value you add to the community.
So #KeepHustling and give your best, soon the world will start hustling after You
Give me a thumbs up if you like my answer and make sure to DM me if you have any further queries
There are several ways to earn money through YouTube, including:
- Ad revenue: You can earn money from ads that play on your videos. To be eligible for this, you need to have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months.
- Sponsorships: You can partner with brands and receive payment for promoting their products or services in your videos.
- Affiliate marketing: You can include affiliate links in your video descriptions and earn a commission when viewers purchase the products or services through your links.
- Merchandise: You can sell merchandise such as t-shirts, hats, and other items with your brand on them.
- YouTube Premium: Creators can also earn money through YouTube Premium by providing exclusive content to members.
- Crowdfunding: You can use platforms like Patreon to ask your audience to financially support you in creating more content.
- YouTube-Google Adsense: You can monetize your channel by showing ads to your viewers and get paid for it
- YouTube channel memberships: You can also earn money through YouTube channel memberships, which allows viewers to pay a monthly fee to access exclusive content, perks and discounts from creators.
- Super Chat: You can earn money during live streams by charging viewers for a “super chat,” which is a highlighted message that stays pinned to the top of the chat for a certain amount of time.
It’s important to note that to monetize your content and start earning money through YouTube, you’ll need to meet the YouTube Partner Program’s requirements and comply with YouTube’s community guidelines and terms of service